60mm protectors for fiber optic fusions
Fiber protectors for 60mm fusion
When making a fusion of two fiber optic cables we will need a protective cover so that the splice is totally isolated, secure and firm.
To perform this fixation, we will have to use a protector, as are these OFP protectors.
One is needed for each fiber splice that is made.
A fiber optic protector is used as a protective cover when making a fusion in the FO cable.
How is a fiber optic fusion performed?
- First, remove the coating on one end of the cable.
- Insert the heat shrink protector through the cable.
- Next, we remove the secondary protection coating at each end of the fibers.
- We also remove the acetate coating. Always being careful not to cut the fiber.
- We clean with isopropyl alcohol the fiber of the cable and cut with the cutter and do the same with the other cable that we want to splice.
- We place the clamps with the fibers in the guides to the left and right of the splicer, always trying not to mount the ends.
- We turn on the fusion machine and select the right program. If we want a fusion of low losses we will select fusion by nuclei and it will be the machine itself that aligns them.
- Finally, once the fibers are joined, we introduce the heat shrink tube into the oven of the machine itself.
We found other products you might like!
Fiber Optic Fusion Kit Tecatel FO-110001 + Accessories€1,541.54 Tax included
Fiber optic protectors for 45mm fusion€1.00 Tax included
Fiber Fusion Protectors (100 units)€30.98 Tax included