Staples for Coaxial Cabling, Data and Telephony
In this section we have clips of all types and diameters to hold coaxial cabling, twisted pairs and telephony, on the wall or ceiling. Lets you organize cables for a cleaner installation.
What diameter to use for each wire?
- Diameter ∅ 5mm: It is recommended for RG59 coaxial cable and UTP Category 5e (or lower) cable. RG59 is a type of TV coaxial cable, smaller in diameter and more flexible than common RG6. Cat 5e UTP cable is usually ± 5mm in diameter, since it has no shielding layer and the wires are finer than those of higher categories.
- Diameter ∅ 6mm: Generally used for RG6 coaxial cable and also with Cat 5e FTP or Cat 6 UTP cable. RG6 cables are the most common of coaxial cables, their diameter is approximately 6mm if they are not shielded.
- Diameter ∅ 7mm: If with 6mm the RG6 coaxial cable is too tight, better use a 7mm clamp, especially if your cable has several layers of shielding. This diameter is also indicated for Category 6 FTP cables.
- Diameter ∅ 9mm: Mainly for S/FTP and STP Category 6 and up high-shielded data cables. It is less common to see a coaxial cable of this diameter.
- Diameter ∅ 11-14mm: For RG11 coaxial cabling, a special coaxial cable used for long TV and data runs, with better performance than RG6 but with a thickness from 10mm to 14mm depending on the protection (burial, rodent-proof, etc).
Items 1-12 of 26