LNB Converters for Satellite Dishes
The LNB is the most important element for the satellite dish antenna since it is the one that really captures the signal and the better the LNB, the better signal quality we will achieve. There are different types of LNBs, we will explain them below:
- Single LNBs: Only one output for a single receiver. Or to distribute the signal around the house. *
- Twin LNBs: Two direct outputs for two receivers.
- Quad LNBs: Four direct outputs for four receivers.
- Octo LNBs: Eight direct outputs for eight receivers.
- Quattro LNBs: Four outputs with separate polarities for use with multiswitches. (Homes with 8 or more outlets, and community facilities)
* From a single LNB the signal can be distributed throughout a home as long as we bear in mind that we will only be able to use one receiver at a time if we feed it from the receiver. And if we feed the LNB with a separate source, we will only have a single polarity throughout the house.
Noise figure: Value between 0.1 and 0.7. The lower the noise figure, the better the LNB behaves to receive the signal. (It is not a deciding factor though, some LNBs with a high noise figure value work much better in certain situations).
In this video we show what the different universal LNBs look like and when:
Items 1-36 of 37